Saturday, April 30, 2011

A royally remarkable Friday

On Thursday night, I made scones (which turned out surprisingly delicious) and set out my William and Kate commemorative mug. I brought my down comforter and pillows downstairs and slept on the family room couch with my alarm set for 5AM.

It was all worth it.

I had such a lovely time watching the wedding ceremony and the parade. Kate looked stunning. William looked handsome. And everyone was clearly quite happy.
My scones were hearts, regular circles, flowers, wedding bells, and elephants (since William and Kate were engaged in Kenya)

At work, I wore pearls, my sapphire ring (which is just a bit smaller than Kate's...), and a big hat that one of the stylists had brought in. I began my day wearing a tiara, but when the girl at the coffee shop next door came over to deliver our pot of Hazelnut coffee and commented, "Aw- is it your birthday today? I love your birthday tiara"- well, I knew I needed a change on headwear.


So I drank lots of tea (and coffee) from my William and Kate mug and ate entirely too many scones yesterday, and I tried to stay upbeat when a few clients asked, "Wait, what wedding?"

Heartbreaking.

Even with those sad comments, it was still a wonderful day, and I truly enjoyed being able to witness and celebrate a modern day fairy tale.

Oh, and I think we should begin a royal family in America now, too.

Ellie is all ready to serve as the first princess.

5 comments:

  1. WHAT! they didnt know there was a royal wedding?! that is so heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. i slept on the couch to with kara! we had our phone alarms set for 4. we woke up & i decided i would go in the other bedroom because i was not ready to get up yet! sure enough, i over slept until 7! aka, all i got to see was the royal couple riding in the carige. so disapointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are rocking that hat! I wish we could dress all fancy all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your royal wedding attire - you totally could have been a guest! It's just too cute! :) I agree with you on the Royal Wedding - it was beautiful! I was watching channels covering it off and on all day - Jake didn't know what to do with me! haha. And I've been scouring online for details too- I am just soaking it up! :)

    Ps. those scones look yummy, is there one left for me? ;) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look super fab Jenna! I'm LOVING the hat!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.