There have been a number of flings and short-term relationships since then, but nothing lasting.
Usually, I am content (even happy) to be single for a number of reasons:
- I like my alone time, and I like not feeling obligated to see any one person (That sounds very cipher-ish and anti-social. Oops).
- When I make my decision on where to attend graduate school in one year, I want the decision to be entirely about me.
- I can spend so much time with my friends, and I don't ever have to worry about becoming "that girl" who chooses her boyfriend over her friends (since there is no boyfriend in the equation, not a problem!).
Recently though, these positives of being single don't feel so great. I have been feeling more like Bridget Jones than Samantha Jones. When did I stop viewing the singleton life as fabulous?
As more and more of my friends find themselves in serious relationships, I have begun to wonder: Is there something wrong with me?
Then, I get mad at myself because that is quite an unfeminist thought to be having.
I am not hoping to meet the love of my life anytime soon. I am only twenty-one-years-old.
But I would like to meet a nice guy. Maybe even one who looks something like this?
![]() |
| Source |
Only kidding.
I suppose I need to get back in touch with my singletonhood and learn to like it again.
I could be there a while longer.

You always have such a good attitude and perspective of things--I love it. :) Enjoy your life as it is now and you never know what life will throw at you. Trust me, getting married at such a young age was never my plan, but when life put everything on my plate, I grabbed it. And now I couldn't be happier. I love how different everyone's life paths are. It's what makes us all so interesting.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Candace- you have such a way with words Jenna! You are an amazing girl, and someday some guy will be lucky to be yours- maybe someday soon, maybe someday far off, but someday someone will come along to make your foot-popping kiss in the rain possible! :)
ReplyDeleteEek, Im sorry that happened to you! :( But like I always say, everything happens for a reason. I know you will find a great guy someday. :)
ReplyDeleteIt always happens when you least expect it, but like you said, enjoy your singlehood till then! :)
<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com
if you have a positive outlook, you're bound to draw someone fabulous into your life. he'll be here before you know it : )
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I completely understand how you're feeling! I've been enjoying the single life for a while now, but I think I'm ready to settle down. With your positive attitude, I'm sure you'll meet a wonderful guy soon!
ReplyDelete