Friday, April 1, 2011

Awesome Professor Moment

Yesterday I was sitting in my Jane Austen class and wondering why my professor wasn't there yet (She is always exactly on time).

After five minutes or so, my professor showed up with another English professor. They were both dressed up as women from Jane Austen's time! Complete with bonnets, dresses, and British accents.

"Hello class. I'm sorry your professor cannot be here today, but she asked me to stand in for her. My name is Jane Austen."

I LOVED IT.

We were scheduled to learn more about Jane Austen as a person that day, and our professor chose to act like Jane herself in order to explain her life. The other professor acted as her sister, Cassandra, and they shared pictures from the Austen home, personal letters, and other information that taught us more about Austen.

Both professors did an incredible job of staying in character the whole class ("We don't have these in the 18th century!" when using the computer), and it just made me so happy that a college professor would put so much creativity and time into a lecture in order to entertain her students.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day in class! Yeah, I never had a professor put that much creativity into a lecture!

    Hope that you have a good weekend Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! When I had her fall quarter she told us how she would do this for her Austen class! I'm so jealous you got to experience it :( She is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! I love when professors make an effort to make classes more entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! Must have been a fun class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun class! I wish more professors were like this. That is too cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.