Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Extreme Couponing, Extremely Crazy

So last night I caught my first episode of TLC's "Extreme Couponing."

Wow.
This was the first lady, J'aime, on last night's episode.

While I think it's amazing how much $$ these ladies are saving, overall, I just felt really annoyed with them. The first woman featured on the show says she began her extreme couponing after her husband lost his job. I was thinking, "Aw, well that's understandable. Good for her." THEN, she goes on to say how her first thoughts were, "How am I going to afford to go out with my friends? Will I have to stay home when they go out for a glass of wine?"

Um, if I had a husband and children I'm not entirely sure this would be my initial concern.

This same lady and her husband went on their extreme couponing adventure, and at one point, they bought something insane like 77 bottles of mustard. What if I went to that grocery store one day for a bottle of mustard (Note: I hate mustard) and I couldn't get one because the extreme couponer lady had already struck? I would be so angry!!!!! NO ONE NEEDS THAT MUCH MUSTARD.

The other family featured on the show was much more likable in that they participated in extreme couponing so that they could save money for their children's college educations. I wasn't that annoyed with them except their entire house was filled with groceries. Even under the children's beds. In the master bedroom.

EVERYWHERE.

Why would people want to live like that???

Basically, I'll just continue to pay full price for my groceries.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I've caught a few episodes of this show, and while I find it intriguing, I feel like it's pretty crazy too! I like the idea of getting groceries for a good deal, but I do not understand the need for SO many groceries at one time! haha. In my opinion, buy like 3 bottles of mustard for the good deal and spend the rest on cute home decorations instead of using the 77 bottles as living room accents! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA I laughed out loud at "NO ONE NEEDS THAT MUCH MUSTARD" because I can just picture you saying this.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.