But I have made it through a very busy Easter weekend at the salon.
I worked Thursday evening after class, open-close Friday, went to an Aveda Earth Day Event that night (more to come on that in just a bit), and then worked open-close today.
I'm tired.
But back to the Aveda event from last night.
Aveda sponsored an evening called "Cocktails For A Cause" in honor of Earth Day. All of the proceeds from the night went to the Sierra Club, and each Aveda salon in Cincinnati was invited to design a "Water Warrior." The Water Warrior was supposed to wear a costume made entirely from recycled items and be what each respective salon envisioned a water warrior to be.
Well, our salon's water warrior won FIRST PLACE.
Oh, yes. We felt quite fab.
I documented the whole process below. Amy, our brilliant stylist in charge of our warrior, spent hours and hours constructing the outfit and fixing Courtney's hair and makeup.
What do you all think?
| Courtney before her transformation. |
| Avatar or Water Warrior? |
| Glitter makes everything wonderful. |
| Courtney and Amy (the creator) and me later that night! :) |
I like your blog and you intersnyh posts ♥
ReplyDeletecome and see me
or
follow me;)
http://nuppi-nuppi.blogspot.com/
kiss: -*
SOO talented!
ReplyDeleteLove it :)
Stephanie&Such
Oh my- I could feel your exhaustion in this post! But how exciting too- congrats on the 1st place warrior!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a relaxing, fun Easter! :)