Saturday, April 2, 2011

Concerning

This is a random post, and I apologize if it comes off as a bit of a rant (it probably will).

Why do women care so much about what their boyfriends, fiances, or husbands think? Working in a salon, I am always surprised and disturbed when a woman has certain restrictions when it comes to HER hair.

"My husband says he doesn't like it short."

"My boyfriend really hates the smell of this shampoo so I can't use it anymore."

"Well, I like it darker, but my husband likes me blonde so I won't dye my hair brown anymore."

Really? The last time I checked the hair is on your head- not your husband's.

It is comments such as these that make me absolutely livid. Since when does your significant other have any say over how YOU like to wear YOUR hair or what YOU buy for YOURSELF?

I find it really sad when women sacrifice what they want just to please their boyfriend, husband, whatever.

Okay. Rant is complete.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree that I don't understand why they do that either... It's actually kind of sad. I think that you shouldn't worry about everything your boyfriend wants especially concerning your own hair. I know that my boyfriend wouldn't make me feel like I shouldn't do something I want to. Good topic! :)

    P.S. love your new background, although I loved the other one too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.