But here we go.
Flashback to last night. I was totally unconcerned about getting my teeth taken out. I was actually looking forward to the sleep. I was completely shocked when my dreams last night all consisted of wisdom teeth nightmares!! The oral surgeon didn't show up...I took the wrong medicine...my face swelled up HUGE... I experienced quite a variety of what can go wrong.
I started my day off this morning with an Adivan (Spelling? I have no idea), which I expected to make me all loopy, and instead just felt like I ate a jar of Benadryll tablets. I was so sleepy.
Most of my friends tell me that they can only remember getting to the office and then being either in the recovery room afterwards or simply just home. My surgery was weird in that I have vague memories of the whole procedure. I could hear them doing certain things, and then I remember getting up and going to recovery. I feel like I was in this fog yet still there.
Creepy.
This afternoon I have been able to take a short nap (despite the fact that you can't lie down and can only be propped up, which really hurts my sleeping style!), and drink fruit juice. I've already told my mom that I will consume no food until I have regained total feeling of my lips and mouth. I do not want to be that person with ice cream dripping out of their mouth.
Ickkkkk.
I have yet to swell, and I have kept the ice around my face like it is an oxygen line (even though my mom insists on taking it off every now and then).
All in all, wisdom teeth surgery has not been so bad!
![]() |
| Oh hello! Just lying here looking gorgeous!!! |

oh no! hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteI love that you posted that picture
ReplyDeleteAw Jenna, hope you're feeling better today! It's so ironic that I'm just now reading this because I have to get mine out soon and just last night I was talking to my husband about it. He was saying the same thing, that all he remembers is arriving and then waking up in recovery. I'm sort of freaked out by it. I don't know WHY I didn't know that they would have to knock me out. I just thought that they'd numb me up or something. Now I'm totally freaked by the whole idea. Tell me it's going to be OK Jenna! lol :)
ReplyDelete