Friday, April 8, 2011

10 Questions Post

One of my favorite fellow bloggers Leah over at An Ordinary Fairytale tagged me in this fun ten questions post yesterday.

Enjoy!

1. What is your dream job?
I have three dream jobs, and they have all to do with books! The first (and these are in no particular order) is an acquisitions editor. That is the person who reads through manuscripts to decide which go on to become novels. Emily Giffin has an incredible book with a main character who is an acquisitions editor called Baby Proof. It's one of my favorites.

My second dream job is to own a little, independent bookshop. It would be in an old row home (in a big city) and have a wonderful fireplace and floor-to-ceiling bookshelves (with an accompanying ladder, obviously). There would be big, comfy armchairs, and I would serve fresh made lemonade, coffee, tea, etc. In this dream bookshop, I would also live above my store and simply have to walk downstairs for work in the morning. Oh, and I wouldn't be sold out by Barnes and Noble.

Finally, my third dream job is to be an author. I would love to see my novel(s) categorized with the brilliant chick-lit writers of our time: Sophie Kinsella, Emily Giffin, and Meg Cabot (my personal top three anyway). I want to write novels that make people happy and give them a break from the stresses of life. I have no aspirations to write the next great American novel (yeah, right!). I just want to write light-hearted romance.
The fabulous Sophie Kinsella
Source

2. What is your favorite drink?
Starbuck's Java Chip Frappuccino or Jamba Juice's Razzmatazz
That is A LOT of Razzmatazz
Source

3. What is your most important beauty secret?
I don't think I have one! Um, I brush my teeth four times a day?

4. If you had an all-expense paid vacation to go anywhere, where would you go?
Tough question! Switzerland is my favorite country that I have visited, and I would love to do more exploring there, especially around Interlaken.
It takes my breath away just looking at it!
Source

5. If a genie popped up right now, what would your three wishes be?
To have all of the money I could ever need (I realize that sounds shallow, but with that one wish alone, quite a few other wishes could be accomplished)

To get into my my number one choice for grad schools

For all of my friends and family to be healthy and happy (Sorry Leah- I totally copied you here!)

6. If you could have one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Häagen-Dazs ice cream

7. What is one talent you wished you had?
There are a lot of talents I wish I had! Hmm... I think I'll go with singing. Whenever I watch Glee, I really wish I could sing like the New Directions! And dance, too, for that matter.

8. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
Michael Bublé
Source

9. If you could look into the future, would you?
Nope. I have absolutely no desire to do that.

10. What made you start your blog?
A friend of mine was getting really into blogging, and she suggested that we make our own. I absolutely love blogging now! I love the "friends" I've discovered, and I love getting to have such an intimate look into other people's lives.

I'd like to pass this post along to...
Mandy at A Northern Girl With a Southern State of Mind

Kristen at and the green grass grew all around

4 comments:

  1. So when I'm ready to turn my future manuscripts into books, I can just send them your way right?! Lol!

    This was fun to read Jenna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl! I'm sure i'll get around to this at some point! I would looooove to be able to sing but i'm glad i have friend who cant sing so we just sing terribly together :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dream jobs :-)

    I've always wanted to own Kathleen Kelly's bookstore from You've Got Mail...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! All of your dream jobs sound really interesting and totally you- the bookstore sounds like a place I would love to frequent and you can bet I'll read your books- those authors are some of my favorites and I'd love to be able to say "I knew Jenna before she was famous!" hehe. Have you ever heard of Adena Halpern? I just read 29 by her and feel like she fits in the chic-lit category - I really liked 29, the tag line is "What if you closed your eyes, blew out the candles, and your wish came true?" and she has a couple other books out that I'm going to try soon! Whew, that was kinda windy, but I do love books and reading so I liked hearing your take on them! :)
    ps- I will totally go to Interlaken with you!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.