Thursday, April 7, 2011

50 Years

Today is my dad's 50th birthday. To be honest, it's a bit scary to me that my dad is turning half a century old!! 


We are getting ready to go out to dinner at a restaurant called "Montgomery Inn." They serve AMAZING ribs, and to say I am overly excited about my supper tonight would be an understatement.

I can't wait to give my dad his gift later on this evening. I have always been very close to my dad. He and I are much more similar in our personalities than really anyone else in our family. I made him an iMovie of his entire life from when he was a baby to now. It took me ages to scan so many pictures in, but I am really, really happy with how it all turned out. I am so excited to show him. I usually just buy my dad something golf related or a gift card to his favorite book store, and I never realized how much better it feels to actually give a present that was a labor of love.

circa 1990?

3 comments:

  1. jealous of your dinner! i bet the iMovie's awesome (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jenna's Dad! :) And Leah's Mom too! haha. That's pretty crazy. I hope you have fun celebrating! Your gift is so special- how sweet of you, I bet it will mean a lot to him! My dad turned 50 a few years ago and my mom hosted a little party for our extended family where everyone dressed up like they were from the 50's - it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so sweet of you! happy birthday to your daddy! my dad turned 50 in december.. it is crazy to think about it!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.