Sorry for all of the negative Nancy posts as of late. School just had me feeling so irritable and stressy.
This morning started off horribly. I went to my Shakespeare class where we were set to have our first quiz of the quarter. I had heard some really awful things about this professor's exams, and sadly- they were all true. As we went over the exam and I gradually realized there was no chance of me passing (I got 2/12 correct-OUCH!), I just wanted to cry. I was so tired from being up late finishing all of my reading, and it was just one of those moments were you get all dramatic and think, "NOTHING I DO IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH!!!"
Totally normal.
After my embarrassing quiz performance, I went to the computer lab to work on my presentation for my next period. I was still feeling so down and miserable until I looked on the ground and saw a penny.
Finding a penny is a very special occasion for me. My family believes in something called "Pennies from Heaven" in that when you find a penny, someone in heaven is thinking of you (namely my grandma and grandpa). This pennies from heaven started shortly after my grandpa's death. Whenever my mom or her siblings were faced with a tough issue concerning my grandma's care or something else serious, they would find a penny and it would let them know that my grandpa was thinking was them.
The most difficult time for my family was deciding whether or not to place my grandma in assisted living. My mom and her siblings felt so torn. During this time, my aunt was cleaning her kitchen and wondering if it was best for my grandma to be in assisted living where she would have around the care help. When she had finished cleaning, there was a single penny sitting out on the counter despite the fact that no one else was home and she had just cleaned every inch of that kitchen!
When my mom and her siblings took my grandma to tour the potential retirement home where she would be living in an apartment, the nurse's name was Penny.
Those are just a few stories of pennies from heaven (sorry, I didn't realize this post would go on for so long), but when I found that penny this morning, I knew that my grandparents were up in heaven watching over me, and my day drastically improved from this simple reminder :)
You should talk to Erma about Pennies from Heaven. She finds them all the time! Glad they made your day better this morning :)
ReplyDeleteDid you hear how the nurse gave Mac a penny last week?
ReplyDeleteThat's so interesting! and totally inspiring!
ReplyDeleteAWH. Your penny stories are so sweet. I'm glad you found a penny to brighten a dreary day! :)
ReplyDeleteOh Jenna, I love the pennies from heaven story! So sweet! I'm so glad that you found a penny and it brightened your day a little :)
ReplyDelete