Sunday, May 1, 2011

Welcome May! A recap of April Favorites

Happy May blogging friends!

Recently, a friend of mine suggested that I do my previous month's favorite things on the first day of each new month.

Seeing as I am a list-making enthusiast, I liked this idea.

So sit back and enjoy my inaugural post!

My favorite things of April 2011
1. Teavana: My friend took me inside "Teavana" for the first time last night. I had always assumed Teavana was just a place that sold fancy tea kettles. I was wrong. We enjoyed delicious free samples, and I believe I will soon be tea connoisseur.
More tea, please!

2. Thick eyebrows: This is a bit awkward and odd, I will admit, but this month, I have really been into the thick eyebrows look. I think too many women over pluck and end up with these teeny lines on their faces, which are supposed to be their brows. Mine are not super thin, but I am attempting to make them really thick, which I think will look quite chic.
The beautiful Brooke Shields & her famously thick brows

3. Hungry Girl: One of the stylists at my work recently introduced me to the "Hungry Girl" cookbook. The author of the book works to put together delicious recipes that are low-cal. She is quite creative when it comes to finding substitute items for ingredients that are high in calories. I am and always will be a hungry girl, and these low-cal recipes are truly amazing!

The fabulous author- Lisa Lillien

4. Urban Outfitters Jewelry Organizer: I bought this jewelry organizer/necklace hanger on sale a few weeks ago from the UO website, and I've fallen in love. I adore the way it holds all of my necklaces and prevents any tangling. I previously hung my longer necklaces from pushpins (because I am so classy), and this is a much better solution.


5. My bed: Few places are more heavenly in this world than my bed. Snuggling up in my jersey sheets and down comforter after a long day is so comforting. Even though I hardly ever make my bed and it has books strewn about beneath the covers, I believe it is perfection.


6. Anthropologie aprons: One of my dear friends is obsessed with these, and when we leafed through a rack of them at Anthropologie lately, I understood why. They are just so pretty and feminine. I will own one of these before moving to my new house in September.
So lovely!

7. John Keats: One of my favorite poets ever. I believe he and William Wordsworth are combatting for first place in my heart. Keats died at the age of 25 yet he was still able to write an incredible amount of poetry.
This is from the movie made about John Keats called "Bright Star."

8. My lips: There was a client in the salon a while back who asked me, "What kind of lipstick are you wearing? That is such a beautiful shade!" I never wear anything on my lips with the exception of chapstick so I was quite flattered! Ever since that kind client made that comment, I've been looking in the mirror thinking, "Why yes! You do have lovely lips!"
Creepiest picture ever? Quite possibly.

9. Etsy: This website was unknown to me until relatively recently, and now I am obsessed. Just yesterday, I purchased this beautiful personalized stationary (hopefully I will have pictures of that to share soon!), and I have had my eye on this Jackie O. picture for a while now. I think it is awesome that Etsy allows people to view so many talented artists' work from the convenience of their own homes. Thank you, Etsy!
Here is a link to the Etsy shop where you can buy this beautiful piece! I am obsessed.

10. Victoria's Secret Amber Romance lotion: This is the lotion I brought with me to France last summer. I bought this exact lotion for the first time since my European travels, and I love that the scent brings back so many happy memories for me.
Mmm...I smell France.

9 comments:

  1. I love this whole post! That tea place looks so cool, anything anthropology is my hearts desire (esp the aprons. amazing.), and I think etsy is so neat! There are so many creative people out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anthro aprons too..some of them are so cute I wish they were dresses! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Etsy is dangerous! I spend way too much time surfing there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Anthro aprons are so cute! I wish I baked so I could wear them all of the time!

    P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog that you should check out! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a post - I love it! :)

    Teavana is such a neat place- I stumbled in there on accident once but it worked out great- My mom is a tea drinker and I found her the cutest peacock feather colors mug for mother's day a few years ago! I love your new jewelry holder too -very cute! And how fun about the lotions and the memories- so very true! A few weeks ago when I was at home I had on the lotion I wore on spring break and my little sister walked in my bathroom and said it smells like mexico! It was so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber Romance used to be my absolute favorite Victoria's Secret scent! It's bringing back memories! Hmmmm....a think a trip to the mall is in order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know, Kaleb's cute hats came from Etsy! I actually have been wearing the Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Body Spray this week. I love it!
    I wonder why you like the thick eyebrows!?!?!!?!? Hmmm, Princess Catherine!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd rock those aprons as part of my outfit. So CUTE.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.