I have a boyfriend.
For the first time in two years. I am not merely talking to someone or involved in some unfulfilling/inappropriate/bizarre fling.
I am in a relationship.
On Thursday, Jordan (name reveal!) came over to watch "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I." He met my parents (and an obnoxious Ellie), and they all loved him. Always an encouraging sign. While we were watching the movie, Jordan looked over at me and said, "Can I ask you a question?"
Of course he could ask me a question.
"Would you like to be my girlfriend?"
I have not had someone asked me to be his girlfriend since high school, and it was completely sweet and endearing.
In some ways, it feels like it happened very quick (only three dates), but in others, it feels like we've been talking for months (since we have talked after each of our Tuesday night classes since March). Either way, it feels right, and I'm excited to tell you more about him.
I think he looks a bit like Dr. Burke from "Grey's Anatomy." He told me that he has never heard that comparison but gets Denzel Washington a lot (uhhh- why can't people tell me I look like Reese Witherspoon or something??).
Either way, he is very cute.
Tonight, he is taking me out to a sushi restaurant, and then we are going to one of his coworker's birthday parties. It is a 1950s Housewives theme (I FINALLY had an excuse to buy an Anthropologie apron!!!!!), and I cannot wait!


Yay! I am so happy for you girl! :) I can't wait to hear more- since what I've heard of your dates so far sounds like so much fun! You should totally take a picture tonight- I wanna see him and your apron- hehe! Hope you have a good time! :)
ReplyDeleteps. I'm such a dork - when Jake asked me to be his girlfriend, I said back, "Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Bahaha, who does that!
How exciting!!!!! I love new love!!!! Can't wait to follow along on your adventures:)
ReplyDeleteJenna, this post title is THE best title I've ever read...like EVER! I love it! The Wilderness Years Are Over! Lol! Love it! So happy for you lady :)
ReplyDelete