Monday, May 23, 2011

Rejuvenated and refreshed- oh, yes!

This past Sunday through Monday, I went with my mom, aunt, and two cousins out to an amazing bed and breakfast/spa in Batesville, Indiana. It is called Stonebridge Inn & Spa.
The pool area in the back of the B&B.

Highlights of the trip included:

  • Laying out by the pool where I managed to get a little bit of color (red obviously), which is a miracle.
  • Receiving my first Swedish massage (HEAVEN)
  • Lifechatting in the sauna as we detoxified 
  • Drinking bellinis and hot tea
  • Eating way too many sweets (Freshly made brownies and cookies around the clock? Awesome!)
  • Enjoying each other's company <3
My aunt, two cousins, me, and my mom


I did have a totally awkward time in the jacuzzi tub in our suite, though. I was all settled in with a hot cup of tea and my Kindle when I turned on the jets. WATER SPRAYED EVERYWHERE!!!! I don't know if they were turned up to an extremely strong power or what but it was scary. And my Kindle almost was murdered.

Oh, I also got to experience my first steam shower.

I couldn't breath.

I don't quite understand the allure.

But it was an incredible few days, and I feel absolutely wonderful. I have an obscene amount of homework to complete tonight after my evening shift at the salon, and I'm not even freaking out. Not even just a little bit.

I'm like a whole new woman.

Watch out Cincinnati!

PS I have LOTS of Blog catching up to do, but I promise I will get on that tonight! Can't wait to see what you have all been up to! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little mini getaway! I have never gotten a massage before and dream of the day when I can actually get one! By the way, how much do you love your Kindle? My husband is trying to sell me on the idea of buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- what an amazing weekend! I've never been to a spa before- but I'm putting it on my bucket list stat because it sounds like a great time! I'm so glad you enjoyed your spa trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.