Housesitting.
Okay. So maybe I am not afraid to housesit everywhere, but this house I am currently staying at has me all jumpy and scared at night.
![]() |
| This is what I look like. |
Last night, I was doing homework (practicing my Wordsworth recitation which I believe the Chihuahua genuinely enjoyed) when the Chihuahua started barking at the bay window. I screamed, which freaked the Chihuahua out, making her yelp and run away.
This kind of behavior has become normal for the two of us.
When I went to sleep last night, I put in my earbuds and blasted Enya.
![]() |
| I love you, Enya. |
It helped a lot, but I kept waking up during the night because it just felt like there was some kind of presence in the room. At one point, I actually felt like someone was blowing cold air across my face.
My mom and Jordan both laughed at me when I told them that, but I honestly felt like there was something in that room watching me...
And it was not the Chihuahua.
I still have 12 more days of this housesitting job.
Meeeeehhhhhhhh!!!


I do the same thing!! If ever I'm alone in a strange house I jump at any little noise!
ReplyDeleteI've never house sat, but I can imagine I'd feel just like you- I don't like to be alone/the only one in a place at night- I like it when my roomies are there or I'm at my house with my family so I can understand- hang in there girl!
ReplyDelete