Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome June! A recap of May Favorites

How in the world is it already June??

Time to flip my Glee calendar (I just went from Sue to Quinn if you were curious) and write about my May favorites!

1. Cucumber water: I am possibly one of the most easily influenced people ever, and after I drank cucumber water for the first time during my recent spa weekend, I obviously became obsessed with it. I think it tastes incredibly fresh and brisk!
Refreshing!

2. Compiling my summer reading list: Only one more week, and I am finally free to read what I want this summer!!! I have an obscene amount of unread books on my shelf, but I am also always open to suggestions. Some of my must-reads are "The Hunger Games" and "Girl, Interrupted."
via
3. Yogurt Vi: Jordan and I checked out the new fro-yo place on campus just six days ago, and we've already been back. Yogurt Vi has a wall of fourteen (I made that number up) different flavors of frozen yogurt and an amazing toppings bar (featuring fresh fruit, Snickers, Reese Cups, cheesecake, gummy bears, hot fudge, etc, etc, etc). Jordan always gets this stupid healthy creation of mango fro-yo with granola and fruit, and I get the good stuff like red velvet cake fro-yo with Snickers and caramel.
via
4. Cook-outs: This past Memorial Day, my dad fired up the grill (confession: he grills out year-round), and we had hotdogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, potato salad, and berry salad. It just tasted like summer! Delicious.
This is what I also wear to cookouts.
5. My teeth: My little brother had a root canal this month (Ouch!), and since then, I've felt very thankful for my teeth and their good health.
My actual teeth. My face looks like flubber.
6. Forever21 jewelry: I've been buying so much fun jewelry from Forever.com lately. Who doesn't need a necklace of a Russian doll??
I actually bought this. Seriously.
7. Aveda Shampure Shampoo: I am a bit of a shampoo slut. I get around. I haven't used this kind of shampoo for a while now, and since I've gone back to using it- I forgot how much I love it! The smell alone makes it incredible, but I also love how clean my hair feels.
Hooray for healthy hair!

8. Reds games: Even though I generally hate all sports, even I have fun going to an MLB game. Gosh, everything about a Reds game makes you feel like summer, and the jumbo-tron (sp?) is always entertaining to watch!
Great American Ballpark

Au revoir May!!! It's been a fun month!

4 comments:

  1. Love cookouts! And making summer reading lists-- my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forever 21 has great accessories for super cheap! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your favorites posts- what a good idea! I don't think my town has a fro-yo place, and I'm jealous because yours sounds so yummy! We also grilled for memorial day which was fun, and Jake has a root canal too, which is making me thankful for my teeth as well! haha. Also love new jewelry, and LOVE baseball games- one of my favorite things to do during the summertime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I have very similar favorites! I wish I had a fro-yo place near me!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.