Maybe I am being dramatic.
Okay. I am.
Anyway.
This morning I agreed to meet my uncle down at the metal-making foundry so that we could shoot some footage for the iMovie we are making about the company.
"Do you know how to get there?" He had asked in an email from last night.
Confidently, I had replied, "Nope! But I'll just Mapquest it."
You know, like no big deal.
This morning, I drove out west to Indiana in search of Randall Avenue.
I drove around for half an hour and NEVER FOUND RANDALL AVENUE.
I pulled over and tried to send an email from my Blackberry. Of course it didn't work because these things happen whenever you actually need something the most.
I then called my mom and explained to her how lost I was and asked for my uncle's cell phone number so I could at least send him a quick text explaining what had happened.
Unbeknownst to me, my mom provided me with the wrong number.
I then drove to the hospital to visit my grandma, turning my phone off.
An hour or so after I had arrived at the hospital, I told my grandma I should probably check my phone and see if my uncle had responded.
I HAD SIX MISSED CALLS!!!!!!
Everyone was worried sick about me down at the company. They thought something awful had happened since I had never shown up and no one could get ahold of me. They even called the salon I work at to see if they knew where I was at.
I felt, and still feel, absolutely terrible to have caused so many people so much distress this morning. I also like to be known as a dependable person, and this morning made me look like such a ditz.
I am so embarrassed.
| This is what I look like. |
aaw don't be embarrassed love! you just got lost it happens to everyone!! trust me, i'm lost about every single day!
ReplyDeleteHaha, it happens sometimes. Sorry you worried everyone, but at least everything turned out okay!
ReplyDeleteNot going to lie, that's a pretty cute polar bear! He shouldn't be embarrassed hahaha just kidding but everyone has these days! At least nothing really happened to you!
ReplyDeleteAw, don't be embarrassed Jenna! Things like this happens to everyone,
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! that's quite the day! But definitely don't feel too bad about it! Last week Jake was over an hour and a half late to a job site for his internship because the boss didn't tell him which suburb it was in..so it happens to people more than you'd think!
ReplyDelete