Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Stressful End to a Stressful Quarter

I assumed I would feel immense relief at the conclusion of this stressful quarter.

Unfortunately, due to my own mistakes, I am feeling anything but carefree.

As I've mentioned before, I am dog/house-sitting for a neighbor of mine up the street. They will have been gone two weeks this Saturday. Caring for this dog and home have been much more time consuming than I imagined, and I am insanely tired since I have not been in my own bed for twelve nights now, and I have been too scared at night to sleep well.

These past few days, I have also been watching my other neighbor's two dogs. 

Going between both houses and taking care of three dogs DURING the last week of the quarter and finals week was one terrible idea.

I was writing a paper for one of my classes on Tuesday when I realized I had read THE WRONG BOOK. I had read Isabel Allende's "The Stories of Eva Luna" instead of "Eva Luna." Luckily, my professor seemed understanding about it, but I won't be able to relax until I get my final grade.

Then, things went from bad to worse.

After that mishap, I was looking through my sent box and making sure professors had received certain papers. It was then that I realized I had sent my creative writing professor the wrong draft of my final portfolio. Of course, I discovered this blunder after the turn-in date and time.

Amidst my sobbing, I hastily sent her an email with the correct portfolio attached.

And waited. 

Since I hadn't received a confirmation email, I once again journeyed to my outbox.

I HAD SENT THE EMAIL TO MYSELF AND NOT MY PROFESSOR.

I am irrationally crying as I write this blog post as I believe my professor will have no choice but to deliver me a severe late penalty.

I hate you Spring Quarter 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope it all works out! I'm sure you'll do fine; my instructors were always really understanding (especially at the end of Spring quarter!), so I hope yours are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog and it is sooo cute and we have a lot in common! This post made me want to cry. I hate hate hate when things like this happen! I hope everything got better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope it all works out! The end of my term was terrible as well--I actually had some similar mishaps. :( I hope everything goes okay for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh no! This sounds like something straight out of MY LIFE HA! no but really, I hope teach is understanding and everything works out.

    and taking care of dogs is kind of hard work. Now that I have two kids? When my dog kicks the bucket I won't be getting another one for quite some time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Jenna! I hope that this all straightens out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, keep your chin up! I'm sure the situation with the first professor will be fine because it was an honest mistake. As for the paper, that was an honest mistake too, but you may bear the brunt of it. One thing I learned during college though, was that one bad grade in a class is not going to make it or break it! And remember in the future to not overextend yourself during high-stress times (I'm often guilty of it myself)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl- I am hurting for you! I hope you're doing okay! Stuff like that is never fun. This spring I sent a draft of an email that needed major rewording and editing to a professor, which was super embarrassing- so at least you accidently emailed yourself! Hope that made you laugh- hang in there and keep your head up- you made it through and it's summertime now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.