Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-In

I know numerous people -friends, cousins, classmates, my mom, etc- who are able to eat whatever they want and never gain a pound.

I have to confess, sometimes I feel a little bitter about this.
It just doesn't seem fair that I have to devote so much time towards exercising and be hyper-conscious about what I eat while other people can do neither and still remain way thinner than me.

And the truth is, it isn't fair.

But then I remember how everyone has their own issues.

Some women don't like their noses. Other believe their eyes are too close together. The list could go on and on. 

When I let myself get all resentful over the fact that I have to work really hard to maintain a healthy weight, I make myself think of the fact that every person out there isn't totally satisfied with every part of themselves (Okay. So there may be a few- lucky them). 

And most importantly, I need to be thankful just for the simple blessing of being healthy.

Current weight: 148.5 (better)

Happy Wednesday bloggers! 

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel but you're right the person who is super thin and doesn't have to worry about gaining weight may have other issues. I think you're doing a great job keeping yourself motivated though! I'm sort of going on this journey with you so we just have to keep truckin' even when it gets tough! We can do it Jenna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also know how you feel too! I love how motivated you are to staying healthy and maintaining a healthy weight. I have people who are lucky like that around me as well, but I try to encourage myself by thinking about how I am eating healthy and not eating junk food. It's so important. Your posts are motivating me, Jenna!

    Also, thanks so much for your sweet comment the other day. :) It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspiring! This was a great reminder post. I'm one of the unlucky ones who has to be watching what I eat all the time, but you put it so well in that everyone struggling!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.