I was inspired to do a weekly weight post a few weeks ago after this happened...
One of the stylists at work asked, "How much did you weigh before you lost all of the weight?"
"174.5," I responded.
"Whoa!!!!! You're kidding. You never looked like you weighed that much!!!!"
Uhhh...ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.
I must admit- I was embarrassed and my feelings were hurt. It didn't even matter that I had lost twenty-five pounds at that point. All I could think about was my previous number on the scale, and I was humiliated.
I've thought over that conversation a lot since it happened, and I've come to realize that everyone carries weight differently. I never felt obese at my highest weight of 174.5. I have always had a generous behind and ample bosom so 174.5 didn't look terrible on me at all.
Here, I will show you some pictures.
See? That's not tragic.
I think of that number on the scale now as just that- a number. That number looks different on different people. I am done judging myself based solely on that number and am going to aim more for how I look and feel.
Current weight as of this morning: 147.5 pounds (those half pounds are so imperative).
| This was before Ben's business frat's formal in May. |
I am looking forward to being done with school so I can concentrate on exercising more and eating healthier again. I must admit- I've fallen off the wagon recently with how stressful school has been.
Soo...27 pounds down and 13 to go!
Way to go!! And I totally agree--weight and clothing sizes can be so subjective! I always way more than people guess because of the way I carry weight also, I have size 2 clothes in my closet and size 8..it all varies! You look GREAT though!
ReplyDeleteYou, look beautiful, Jenna. And I don't think the hairdresser meant it to hurt your feelings, but probably to make you feel better!
ReplyDeleteI have recently started eating much healthier (like, not even two weeks ago, recently!) and I am SHOCKED by my change in energy level. I say really try to cut most of the fat from your diet, incorporate a ton more veggies, fruit, and other whole foods, and then watch as you begin to have a lot more energy and motivation to exercise! That's what I'm currently experiencing, and it's SO neat.
You're a sweetheart. Hope you're having a great week!
Jenna, I am the SAME way!!!! I don't feel like my weight is not accurate in comparison to how I look.....so depressing!! You look AMAZING!!!!!!! You should be very proud of yourself.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait til Friday!!!
YOU ROCK. I hate all things related to weight, and I never admit my number, because people always think I weight less than I do, and its so embarrassing. I mean I guess it's flattering that they think I'm less than I am, but its so awkward. Plus my mom and sister are tall and skinny and I'm short and have a more athletic build, so I've cried more tears over stupid weight issues than anyone should. I'm finally getting confidence in my body shape, because I've never felt overweight, just pressures from other sources make me feel bad about how I look. I would like to get in better shape exercise wise (and hopefully loose a little weight with that) but that's a whole other story. Moral of the extra long comment? YOU LOOK GREAT (in all the pictures!) and you should be so proud! I'm happy for you. :) PS- love this paragraph... "I think of that number on the scale now as just that- a number...." - definitely my inspiration!
ReplyDeletewow, you look great. You are right about how people carry weight...and you carried yours beautifully. seriously, you look great in both images before AND after! Good for you for wanting to get healthier though and realizing it is not all superficial :)
ReplyDeletelove this!
That is amazing! You look GREAT! I am just like you, I carry my weight a certain way that people would be shocked to know how much I really weigh. Guess it's a blessing????
ReplyDeleteWe also are trying to eat healthier.
ReplyDeleteI am blog hopping today and I am happy to stop by your blog!!
Please stop by either or both of my blogs (and become a follower if you aren't one already):
So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com
Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com
Have a Happy Friday and a blessed weekend! :0)
You're right not to beat yourself up about your old weight. It IS just a number and you looked great then just as you do now! Weight distributes differently based on height and we all carry it differently. Kudos for such success losing weight but don't feel bad about your old weight at all. You looked and look great!
ReplyDelete