Thursday, June 23, 2011

Encore?

I feel like my body is crying out for a million things at the moment.

Food, sleep, and ibuprofen top this list.

This morning I began my day with my dreadful alarm sounding off at 5:45AM. I think getting up before 6AM should be illegal unless you are going on a fabulous vacation somewhere and need to catch an early morning flight.

I worked at the factory today from 7AM-3:30PM then hopped in my Camry and zoomed to the salon where I worked from 4PM-9PM.

Around 7:30PM, I felt like I was finally hitting the wall (What does that expression even mean?? How bizarre). I texted Jordan, "I am so tired" (Awesome, insightful text!).

Being the amazing boyfriend he is, he got out his violin and gave me the sympathy I so wanted.

Jordan responded, "Oh I bet! You have been working over 12 hrs! I'm about to get off work in 15-20 mins actually. Is there anything I can do for you?"

For some reason, it makes me feel so loved and happy when someone offers their help during times of high stress or tiredness, even though I know I usually won't take him or her up on it.

Anyway. I came home and immediately took a shower and then collapsed into bed.

I woke up when my stomach was growling for food, and I was feeling very thirsty. My legs and feet were also hurting (Curse those steel toe shoes!), and I needed something to soothe that discomfort.

I have a similar day tomorrow with the same factory shift followed by the salon afterwards (but only until 7- hooray!).

I'm not so sure I can do this all over again...
via

2 comments:

  1. Jenna, so where is the factory located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Hope you're hanging in there. And what a sweet guy Jordan is, AWH. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.