Monday, June 20, 2011

Book Review Monday: Secrets of a Shoe Addict

Confession: I only made it halfway through Beth Harbison's Secrets of a Shoe Addict.
I want to like you.
I REALLY want to like Beth Harbison.

I know of many women who adore her books and writing.

I read Hope in a Jar and thought it was very meh.

So I tried this book out to give Beth Harbison another chance.

Sadly, I only made it through page 166. I'm not sure I am going to even finish it. I hate beginning a book and stopping midway through, but I've got tons of books to read this summer, you know? I don't want to waste any time!

This novel is about four different women: Abbey, Tiffany, Loreen, and Sandra. When Abbey, Tiffany, and Loreen find themselves in deep financial trouble, Sandra (Tiffany's sister) teaches them all about the $$ that can be made by being a phone-sex operator.

The plot line has so much potential. It really does. Yet I am twelve chapters in the book and still don't feel drawn into the story. I don't have any emotional attachment to any of the characters besides maybe Sandra.

Are there any Beth Harbison fans out there?? Should I continue this book or set it back on the shelf?

2 comments:

  1. I read Hope in a Jar too so I'm glad you said that it was the same author. I read that book at the beach and it went quickly but it didn't "wow" me! I'm sad that this book isn't going so well... btw sisterhood of the traveling pants book is going the same way for me SADLY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this author or her books...I dislike not finishing books, but even more so I dislike not feeling connected to the book! Boo. I guess every book can't be great though- ya win some and ya lose some huh! :P haha.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.