Friday, May 20, 2011

Vet Etiquette

This morning, I took Ellie to her 10AM appointment at the vet's office.

She is so terrified there, she actually acts docile and people are fooled into believing she is a well-behaved dog.

As we were sitting on the bench (because Ellie can't sit on the floor like the other animals), I was thinking of the unspoken rules of vet office etiquette.

When there is a fellow pet-owner near, you politely say, "Aw, your dog is so cute! Boy or girl?"

(Note: You compliment the other dog's looks even if the poor thing is totally unfortunate looking)

"Girl! Thank you! She is a wire-haired dachshund (Totally just made that breed up). What about yours?"

"She's a girl. Her name is Ellie after Eleanor Roosevelt."

"That's nice. Is she one of those goldendoodles?"

"She is!"

"What a fluffy coat she has! My Sadie here was just groomed."

"I can tell! Beautiful!"

And then the nurse appears and you bid adieu to your new pet-owner friend.

Then, dogs like Ellie are so scared at this point that you have to pick them up and carry them into the examination room.

Jeesh.
Cat or dog? Catdog?

1 comment:

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.