Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yoga-to try it!

This morning, I finally made it out of bed in time to join my mom and aunt for one of their Yoga classes. The only times I had done Yoga before were during high school gym class (We also did Thai Chi, Pilates, and Tae Bo!) and through DVDs. This was my first formal Yoga class, and I was a little worried going into it. I imagined all of these limber women standing on their heads!!
via Google Image
Ouch!
Luckily, we had a really nice and understanding instructor who helped guide me along for my first Yoga course. I was a little embarrassed when she first called me out on tweaking a few of the positions, but then I got over it and enjoyed myself. My legs felt all jelloid afterwards, but I loved how stretched out and relaxed I felt! It was also nice being to spend that time with my mom and aunt. Oh, and I was THRILLED that I finally got to use the Yoga mat I just had to buy from Forever21 this past winter. See? I always knew I'd get around to using it.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good Yoga experience! :) I've never tried it either, mostly cause I'm nervous too, haha! Maybe I'll have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to yoga classes with my mom. It's a fun bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love yoga! it makes me feel good inside & out : )

    glad i found your blog - i'm enjoying my visit. i'm your newest follower!

    feel better,
    cailen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoga is such a gift! I have to admit I'm a yoga regular. I can't imagine my life without it. I hope you keep going! It can be difficult in the beginning, but as with all things, it comes with time :)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    B.

    thatgirlinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.