Thursday, March 24, 2011

My awkward crush

So this week, I have been reading a novel recommended to me by one of the dearest friends who is an art history major. She showed me the book, and I was immediately impressed by the beautiful cover (I know, I know- don't judge a book by its cover, but I still appreciate a nice looking book on my beloved bookshelf!).
via Blogspot

Then, I noticed the author's name. STEVE MARTIN.
via Google Image search

"Wait, THE Steve Martin? Like the actor and comedian?" I asked her.

"Yeah, him. He is actually an art collector, too."

Who knew?

Anyway, as I read more and more of this book, I have become further amazed with Steve Martin's writing skills and further infatuated with this man.

There is one line in the novel that I just must share:

"Lacey was just as happy alone as with company. When she was alone, she was potential; with others she was realized."

Oh, man. That is GOOD.

This book has forced me into having a major crush on Steve Martin. This man somehow writes, acts, performs, collects art, plays a banjo (?!), and is amazing at all of it. He is a modern day Renaissance man.

I think I am in love.

5 comments:

  1. I saw him on regis and kelly promoting this! I wasn't sure about it, but I think I might pick it up now! Thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah your post made my morning, so funny. I think I may have a small crush on him as well, and that's without reading the book! Don't tell my husband, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really like that quote. A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh! This made me giggle! haha...I will forever see Steve Martin as a dad figure from Father of the Bride and Cheaper by the Dozen, so I'm not quite sure about a crush on him, but I will have to look into his book- appears interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can think about is him in Pink Panther!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.