It was a police car, and the officer inside was telling me to roll my window down.
![]() |
| via Google Image Sadly, the police officer was not Orlando Bloom. |
Of course, I was instantly freaking out (on the inside that is- on the outside, I tried to play it cool) because that's just how I am.
He yelled over to me, "Any reason you just rolled out into the intersection???"
I felt like he was awfully accusatory. If I was a police officer, I would say, "Hello! How are you today? I noticed you have moved a little bit out into the intersection. What's up?" I mean, what's wrong with that approach?
Somehow, I managed to reply that the crossing guard had told me to. The police officer accepted my excuse and told me to "be careful from now on."
Even though the police officer wasn't even that harsh with me, I was still irrationally shaken up and embarrassed. I have no idea why I overreacted the way I did. I think I just don't like being reprimanded. I've always been such a people-pleaser so any time I am corrected by a person of authority, I just want to cry.
Any other stories of "run-ins" with the law? :)

I totally understand you! I hate that police officers feel like they have some ridiculously elitist superiority. I mean, we're all still human beings. We all make mistakes!
ReplyDeleteOnce I was in the car with my sister and we were coming home from grocery shopping. A homeless guy was crossing the street so she let him go and then when he passed her car she went. A police officer pulled her over and told her that another car had completely stopped until the man crossed the entire street (forget that this guy was totally j-walking and should've got a ticket for that!) Anyway when he asked for her license and proof of insurance she couldn't find the insurance paper in her glove box so he said "You are really trying to push me aren't you??!" and she was so scared. He was being totally rude. He ended up letting her go but only after he was such an ass.
I hate police officers.
That is so awful!! If that had been me, I know there would have been tears! I am so sensitive, lol.
ReplyDeletei hear ya. i think i probably would have cried. i know that cops are supposed to be "our friends" but they completely intimidate me. plus, they often seem rude and like they assume you're up to no good...
ReplyDeleteanyway, at least it's friday!
ps i'm hosting a giveaway! you should stop by : )
They are so rude! I got pulled over for speeding (oops!) and he asked me 1. why I was crying... uh cause it's scary? and 2. if I was wearing pjs. First off, why does it matter if I was and second, no I was wearing a cute dress you jerk! Ugh! I wish there were more nice cops!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Kristen- that just made me laugh. How insulting on so many levels!
ReplyDelete