Monday, March 21, 2011

Home again

I must say- my long weekend in Chicago left me quite tired! St. Patrick's Day celebrations in Chicago definitely separate the girls from the women... ;)

I had such a wonderful time the five days I was in town. Some highlights of my trip include:

Having a picnic by Buckingham Fountain (even though it's under construction, and the water wasn't even turned on) with my friend, Matt.

Making a stop at my FAVORITE cupcake shop- Sweet Mandy B's

And spending time with my friends <3
Enjoying dinner at an amazing Thai restaurant.
We got caught in the pouring rain that afternoon! So please excuse my flat hair.
Our Metra conductor punched holes in our tickets similar to the conductor on the Polar Express.
We had a fun time deciding what our "words" would be.

Lucky for me, three of my friends from Cincinnati were also visiting Chicago this weekend so I was able to ride home with them and opt out of the usual Mega Bus trip.

For those unfamiliar with Mega Bus, it offers fairly low priced travel between cities. I absolutely loathe the Mega Bus. I used to love it back when they only charged $10.00 a way, and it wasn't very crowded. Ever. Then, it grew in popularity and now it's MEGA crowded, and they MEGA jacked up their prices to $40.00 per way. So lame!!!

Anyway, enough of my Mega Bus rant. It feels nice to be home, and it felt divine to sleep in my own bed last night.

I can't wait to catch up on your blogs!




4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time Jenna! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! Love the pictures and the cupcake shop is just too cute- what flavor did you have? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for fun and friends! The metro hole punching thing sounds so cool! I like the small things! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah- my cupcake was chocolate on chocolate. It makes me SO hungry just thinking about it, haha

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.