I have been extremely fortunate to be surrounded by strong, independent women in my life. I have two amazing grandmothers (one who even attended and graduated college in the 1930s!), and a mom who is one of the toughest people I know. I went to an all-girls high school and was surrounded by incredible female teachers, classmates, and friends. I work at a salon with some of the kindest and most creative women out there. I also have some of the greatest girlfriends in the world who I know are going to accomplish tremendous things.
Since I've had the privilege of being around such positive female influences, I've always been very proud of and "in-touch" with my femininity. I love being a woman :)
Wow - what a fun day - thanks for sharing that trivia! :) And how great that you have such awesome female role models - I feel the same way about the women in my life!
ReplyDeleteI would have had no idea it was International Women's Day if it hadn't been for the Google homepage haha. I also think it's great about the female role models you have had in your life :)
ReplyDelete