Yesterday I was driving in my car when one of my favorite songs came on my iPod.
Alizee's "Moi Lolita."
This song sparked my French Pop obsession(/phase) my senior year of high school. The first time I heard the song, I loved it. I would play it on repeat between school and tennis practices until even the girls I carpooled with loved (or at least liked) the song, too.
I was so excited to tell my French teacher about this song, and I told her we should listen to it in class sometime.
She looked over the lyrics and then laughed, "Did you translate any of the lyrics? Do you know what the song's about?"
Of course I hadn't.
It turned out that "Moi Lolita" was a song about a girl sleeping with her stepfather.
So class appropriate!
ooooooof. that is really funny.
ReplyDeletehaha! Oh boy this made me giggle- totally something I would do!
ReplyDeletethat's so funny! catchy song, though!
ReplyDelete