Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sick as a dog

I have had a cold coming on for a few days now, and by the time I went to bed (for a rejuvenating three hours of sleep) last night, I felt absolutely miserable. Around 4AM, I woke up to the sound of Ellie gagging. It was not a choking gag, but a "I am going to throw up at any moment" gag. I hurriedly moved Ellie's head to the side of my bed, and she vomited up an entire sock (!!!!!!!). I'm sorry to share that disgusting story with you, but I just had to. My dog somehow ate and then vomited back up an entire sock. Wow.

Anyway, when my alarm went off this morning, I was beyond tired and feeling much, much worse. All I wanted to do was drink some Nyquil and sleep the entire day. Unfortunately, I had a full day of classes and a paper due today so staying home from school wasn't quite an option. I spent my entire day blowing into a hankie (I know, I know- everyone thinks handkerchiefs are très grotesque, but I don't care. I just can't justify using a billion tissues) and applying chapstick to my lips and nose. I look absolutely terrible with my running nose, cough, and zero makeup.
Look at that nose!
PS I'm not actually this sad- I just thought it would look silly smiling.
I can't wait to snuggle up in bed and fall asleep now!! Here is hoping to a better (and healthier) tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment - I am so sorry you're not feeling well! I hope resting helps you feel better and you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.