Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pet Peeved

Today at school, I seemed to encounter just about every one of my "class" pet peeves. They are as follows (in no special order):

1. Obvious and constant texting in class- I don't mind it when people pull out their cell phones to occasionally send out a text or whatever, but when they literally are looking down at their laps the ENTIRE class and tapping away? Rude and annoying. I just find it very inconsiderate to the professor to spend the entire class texting.

2. Chewing gum- I can't stand that terrible smack smack sound while I'm trying to listen to a professor speak or just do my work. I don't like the sound of chewing in general, but it especially irks me when I'm in class. Why can't people just chew with their mouthes closed?
via Google Image
Gum chewers in my classes are not as cute and innocent looking as this petit garcon. Also, they do not blow bubbles. Thank gosh.


3. People who bring odorous and elaborate lunches to class- I find it annoying (and gross) when people bring lunches with really strong smells to class. Most of the time, these lunches are also way too grand for the occasion. Just bring a sandwich or granola bar if you're that hungry, and please refrain from bringing a five course meal that smells bad and that will take you the entire 90 minute class period to eat.

4. Consistently tardy people- I sound like a professor here, but I truly find it rude when some students literally come to every class late. It is so distracting. Everyone has days when they're running behind but arriving super late each class is just lame.

5. A mute class- How awkward is it when almost nobody in the class volunteers to talk?? It just creates this super uncomfortable atmosphere, and I cannot stand sitting there through it.

On a much more positive note, the dreamiest professor I ever had (Spring quarter 2010; he is French-need I say more?) recognized me in the hall today and said hello. I just about melt, melt, melted. Also, we watched "Atonement" today in one of my English classes. I didn't like that film the first time I saw it, but I enjoyed it quite a bit this time.

2 comments:

  1. haha, your pet peeves made me laugh - mostly because I agree with them! One of my professors this semester has a no technology zone - it's like the first five rows of the classroom where you can't have a phone or laptop out so that you're less disruptive to the people you really want to focus in class.

    YAY for a cute professor saying hello - awh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree with all of them! I have to add when people bring their laptops and you can hear their constant typing!! What's wrong with a paper and pencil?? Anyway, like your blog, especially the background! :)

    <3 Check mine out here: http://katarations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.