Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Quarter Too Soon

School resumes tomorrow with the beginning of spring quarter. Where did my break go? :(

I generally love the fact that my school follows a quarter system. It is amazing to have ten week terms- I don't know how I could last fifteen weeks with a horrible class/professor!

The only time I hate the quarter system is this time of the year. It's always rough to have to begin an entirely new quarter with new classes and professors after only a week of recovering from winter quarter. There is the entire summer between spring and autumn quarters and three weeks (used to be four, meh!) between winter and spring quarters. Only having one week between quarters = exhausting. And annoying.

It is also rough this time of year because while most universities are getting ready to let out for summer in early May, we have to go through the second week of June.

It is torture.

Wow, what a positive attitude I have starting the quarter!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! My school has a weird calendar system as well. We have two semesters (about 13 weeks each) and three terms (6 weeks each, with only about a week break in between. I go to school year round almost. My semester ends in a little less than 2 weeks, then spring starts up about a week or so later, going through the end of may/beginning of june. It's exhausting for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy first day of a new quarter for you-hopefully things will look better in the morning! :P hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.