Sunday, March 27, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award Part Deux

Natalie, the writer of one of my favorite blogs (You can check it out here: Little Pink Book), recently passed along The Stylish Blogger Award to me. This is my deuxieme time receiving this award, and I'm excited to come up with another several facts about myself. Thanks so much, Natalie!

1. I have no peripheral vision. When I was a junior in high school, I suffered from a severe allergic reaction to an acne medication I was on. I had three times the amount of spinal fluid around my brain, and consequently, my eye nerves were permanently damaged. I (surprisingly) don't notice it!

2. Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do. Few places in this world are better than my bed. I take bedding choices (almost always a down comforter and jersey sheets) very seriously.

3. I am afraid of being in a serious relationship. I am so excited about all of possibilities I will be facing after I graduate next spring. I am looking at a number of graduate schools around the country (and even world). Even after graduate school, I want to be able to go anywhere and do anything. I am scared of being in a serious relationship because I don't want to become attached to anyone and compromise my dreams. I went to my dream school in Chicago my freshman year, and I transferred home largely because of my long-term boyfriend who still lived in Cincinnati. I became that girl I promised myself I never would be, and transferring home was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made (Note: I love my current university, but I wish I had stuck it out in Chicago). I am afraid of making that mistake again.

4. I watch an unhealthy amount of Sex and the City. I watch four episodes of SATC every day. The fact that it is now on E! is not helping the situation.

5. I hate Sperry's. I feel like if I said this statement out loud, I may be verbally (maybe physically) assaulted. To me, they just look like the boat shoes my dad has always worn. Sorry Sperry lovers, but I just don't understand this fad.

6. I love food. Oh gosh, I absolutely adore food, which is not a good combination with my bad genetics. I feel like I am always contemplating my next meal. In my third grade gratitude journal for school, I would always be writing about how thankful I was for whatever dinner my mom had made that night (pot roast was a big hit). You lucky girls out there with fast metabolisms? I'm jealous of you.

7. I am a hypochondriac. I hate this personality characteristic of mine. I worry about absolutely everything. It is exhausting and stressful. I wish I could stop it.

I would love to pass this award on to...

Candace at Together for the Better who writes another one of my favorite blogs.

Thanks again, Natalie!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! im glad you dont notice what happened to your eye! I can't believe that happened to you. And I also love food and I am a hypochondriac! :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love reading new facts about you! What a scary infection to have, but it sounds like you've handled the recovery and side effects well! And I am so with you on loving food and not having a fast metabolism- its no fun!!

    Also, loved the insight on relationships. I broke up with my then boyfriend at the end of my senior year because I was afraid of that very same thing. It was a really hard thing to do, but it made me stronger and I ended up meeting someone even better for me as did he. I hope you find someone someday who shares (and respects) your dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank GOODNESS I'm not alone in the "sperrys are not my thing" world.. glad to have a friend :)

    And congrats!

    xoxo
    Christine
    www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! I loved reading this- I am a foodaholic too and am very proud of it! I have to exercise a lot to combat my addiction, though! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad you did the seven things!! We have a lot in common! I love watching Sex and the City a lot, and I adore the first movie. :) Also, I used to be afraid of being in a serious relationship, and I had to work to even understand why I felt that way. (I think it's cool that you already know why you feel that way though!)

    I also love food. haha I couldn't believe you got that infection! That's horrible that that happened to you but good you don't notice it!

    I hope you have a good week! P.S. That is such a cute picture of you and your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award Jenna! I love to sleep too! My bed is just so comfy:)

    And yes to Sex and the City! Have to have it in my life! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always thinking about my next meal too!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.