Friday, March 25, 2011

Is this from Forever21?

So when I was in Chicago last weekend, I forced my friend Matt to accompany me to Water Tower Place, which is one of my favorite places to shop. I like that it is a mall so I can get to all of my favorite shops without facing the Chicago cold between each store, and the American Girl Place has also moved its residence there, which gives me the perfect reason to pop in and make up some excuse to the sales associate about "needing a present for my neighbor's seventh birthday."

Matt wants to kill me every time I make him go in there, but I can't help it. I was obsessed with my Samantha doll when I was little, and I can't resist stopping into AG.

Anyway. Last Friday, we were meandering through Forever21 (after our visit to AG), and I came across this gorgeous scarf. It was gold and black with a beautiful pattern. Even though it was in a scarves basket, it was completely dissimilar from any scarf I've ever seen at Forever21. The material was thick, and the scarf was much longer and better quality than Forever21 items. There was also no tag.

I took it to the sales associate and asked, "Could you tell me why there is no tag on this scarf?"

She referred me to the register.

I felt bad at the register because I held the entire mile-long line up as the sales associate looked through her computer trying to locate this scarf. She finally gave up and said she had to go talk to her manager.

"You should have just taken it!" Matt told me, annoyed that I was causing us to waste so much time (and awkwardly hold the line up) with my scarf.

Of course, I could never have just taken it, even if it wasn't Forever21 merchandise. After all, I did go to Catholic school for twelve years.

When the sales associate returned, she said, "Um, how does $10.50 sound?"

$10.50 sounded fabulous!

So, what do you all think? Is this scarf from Forever21 or somewhere more exotic? Maybe Bengali?
This picture is creepy. Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun find! Definitely doesn't look like F21, meaning you just scored yourself a deal!! Always a good thing! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you got a steal! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.