And it was so much fun.
My roommates and I all wore different colored crayon costumes while our other friend dressed up as the box. They were great costumes in that we still felt cute while not looking looking tacky (as in trashy/slutty/dirty/etc).
We went to our favorite neighborhood bar Saturday night and were asked to be in the group costume contest. Obviously flattered, we agreed.
One of the bouncers attempted to get everyone's attention as the contest began. He called our group first.
NO APPLAUSE.
No one even noticed we were up there besides one sole friend who was not a crayon.
"I've never been so ashamed to be a crayon," my friend, Mike (AKA the Crayola box), sighed, bowing his head down low.
A group who dressed like the characters from the Disney movie Up ended up winning. They really looked fantastic. No ill feelings.
And we still had an amazing weekend as crayons.
Happy Halloween everybody!
Yes. I am totally going to class and work like this.

Awww, such a cute story! I would have loved to see you as Black Swan, but this option is way fun and original as well! I totally don´t agree with the audience! You were great :)
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Style in the City
I can't believe there was zero applause!! Lol! You guys look great!
ReplyDeleteAwwww I love the crayons!! Great look today too! Xox
ReplyDeleteoh man really no applause?? you know what i first wrote instead of applause i wrote applesauce, oopss! that is a terrific outfit, why no applause? and i love your harry potter look
ReplyDeleteYou're the most adorable crayon haha! Love that costume! Black swan is quite popular this year too
ReplyDeleteBahahaha LOVE the scar on your head! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteCUTE! i love the costumes. you should have won :)
ReplyDeleteAwwww, Jenna! You all were SO cute as crayons!!!! Lol
ReplyDeleteIt was totally good you didn't dress up as the Black Swan. I was at a big Halloween party, and must've seen at least 5 Black Swans. It's nice to be a unique crayon, haha.
ReplyDeleteThat stinks there was no applause! It's hard to believe, because you guys look great in your picture!! Thanks for the comment the other day. I had so much fun trick or treating with the little ones. :)
ReplyDeleteLoving the crayon with the box idea!!
ReplyDeleteYou make a great crayon! And I agree with the above comment – there were tons of Black Swan costumes out Halloween weekend, the crayon idea is much more unique. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a funny story- what a night! But you are a great crayon, and what a good group costume- love the box! Glad you had a good halloween! :)
ReplyDelete