Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Making the bad things a little less awful

This quarter, I am taking quantitative analysis. Also known as business statistics and/or class that sucks the joy out of my soul.

When I enter that classroom each Tuesday evening, I feel as though I am Harry Potter, and a dementor has just invaded my personal space.

I am taking QA as a night class, which is nice in that I only have to sit through that class once each week and terrible in that the class is THREE AND A HALF HOURS LONG.

In order to get through QA class each Tuesday, I have begun these little habits.
1. Buy a grande iced pumpkin spice latte before class. Not only do PSLs taste divine, they also provide much needed caffeine!

2. Pretend like I am a member of the CSI trying to utilize statistics to figure out an international crime. This doesn't really make any sense but whatever.

3. Wear an outfit I feel very comfortable in. Three and a half hours is a long time to sit so I may as well be comfortable!

4. Plan something fun afterwards. Whether it is grabbing fro-yo with a friend or simply watching a SATC episode, it always helps me get through class knowing I have something to look forward to once class is over!

What about everyone else? What do you do to make the bag things just a little less awful?

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh night classes. They really are terrible, no matter what the subject is. I'm with you, a little caffeine always helps although my drink of choice is a venti skinny vanilla latte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a night class this semester and it is killing me! you just want to be done with the day by the time you have to go to class. i try to take a nap before to make it better :) and i doodle a lot in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually made that sound more fun haha Midterms are giving me the chills!

    Good luck in your Business stats class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me say that i love you for using a harry potter reference. LOVE. do you follow voldemort on twitter? omg i DIE over his tweets lol

    your habits sound like it makes this much more fun :-) haha

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile! So glad you are making the best of it! I am all about number 4..something to look forward to after the bad thing makes it almost better! :P

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.