Thursday, October 20, 2011

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Monday night, I was telling my roommate all about my nearly decade old straightener.

"I got it when I was twelve! It's almost ten years old," I boasted proudly.
Pink straighteners make me happy.
True, I have poker straight hair, and I only have to use a straightener to keep my ends from flipping out all crazy, but ten years is still a LONG time to last for a straightener, right?

The next morning, I went to plug my straightener in.

Nothing.

No heat. No power. It was dead.

Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. Wish I had a pink straightener! I have a Chi and it's on its last leg too :( isn't it the worst?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. oh no. well at least you got an AMAZING run. lol. so happy I came across your blog. totally following. I'd love if you'd check out my style and fashion blog and see if you'd like to follow. I'd love to hear what you think of my JewelMint photo shoot. thanks love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
    Adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, sad sad day. What a good run with the straightener though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is impressive! Almost like it heard you and went out just to spite you..haha! I better not say how long I've had mine or I'll jinx it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nearly ten years?! Whoa! That has to be a record. I'm lucky to last ten months on a really good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ew, isn´t this called a Murphy law? Then again, ten years of life, that´s quite impressive!
    Good luck with the new one :)

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.