I can go from feeling very happy to very glum in a single moment.
A classmate loudly smacking gum in class will make me feel irked and edgy or a rude client at the salon might put me in a grumpy mood.
And who likes feeling irked, edgy, or grumpy?
Not fun.
I obviously have no control over how the people around me act, but I can decide how these actions will affect me.
![]() |
| This is awesome. |
I need to make my own happiness! :)

i abslutely LOVE that smiley pic! i have it saved on my computer because its just so amazing
ReplyDeleteand dont worry...little things like that annoy me too! haha gum smackers...ugh!
xoxox
Book: "The Master Key to Riches" by Napoleon Hill. "The great master key to riches is nothing more or less than the self discipline necessary to take complete full control of your own mind. Remember the only thing you have complete control is your own mental attitude." {Also mentioned on 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself} My husband introduced me to this concept & I wish I had realized it sooner!! You are making your own happiness. Go girl :D
ReplyDeleteand no truer words have been said! :)
ReplyDeletei agree with you 100%!
I so needed this post! Thanks:)
ReplyDeleteKeep your head up, girl! Your last line rings true.
ReplyDeleteJust coming to that realization is such a big step to happiness! :)
ReplyDeleteBeing mad at people (or whatever emotion) doesn't do anything to the other person. They just keep on living life. I have to remember this sometimes. If I'm mad at my husband for playing his xbox a little too long he doesn't care. He's happy because he's playing.
ReplyDeleteI hope making your own happiness is going well! :) I so am having to remind myself of this over and over and over again..
ReplyDelete