Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halloween 2011 Costume Announcement

After waaay too many years of throwing on a robe, painting a lightning bolt on my forehead, and calling myself Harry Potter for Halloween, I have decided to be a bit more creative this October 31st.

Halloween costumes are tough if you are a twenty-something woman. 

Miranda sums up a lady's Halloween costume options very well in the Sex and the City movie.
via
"The only two choices for women: witch and sexy kitten."

Amen Ms. Hobbes! 

What is up with girls and women thinking it's okay to dress provocatively on Halloween? Why would you want complete strangers to see you like that?

During my freshman year of college, I knew a girl who simply wore lingerie out. THAT WAS HER COSTUME. 

Okay. I'll stop my rant now because this topic could keep me going for a while.

Back to the subject at hand here.

This Halloween, I am going to be the Black Swan!
via
I can't wait to wear a tutu and try to mimic Natalie Portman's creepy face makeup.

It should be a fabulous Halloween!

8 comments:

  1. how much fun! i love this costume idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that this idea! can't believe it didn't cross my mind myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *is a great (haha i was too caught up with how cool of a costume it is) ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I totally thought about doing this for Halloween and having a friend dress as the white swan! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, what an amazing idea! I´m sure you´ll look fabulous! Hope you´ll share the pictures, cause I´m really curious to see the result!

    Happy Friday, Jenna!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great idea!!! Hope to see some pictures on here later to see how it turned out!

    And I LOVE Miranda and her cynicism. My favorite character from Sex and the City!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever Halloween costume idea- I can't wait to see it in action! I agree with you on the costume rant. I haven't dressed up for halloween in years..maybe I should come up with an idea! :P

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.