Our house is a complete MESS right now since my parents are having the kitchen and family room completely renovated. Seriously. I feel super stressed out, and I've only been staying here a few days now!
But anyway.
This morning, I got up early for work. I let Ellie out of my bedroom and hopped in the shower.
When I came out of the bathroom, I heard Ellie barking like crazy downstairs. Then, I heard the creepiest thing ever- a door open and close followed by the sound of male voices.
One said, "You need to stop barking!"
OH MY GOD. THERE WERE INTRUDERS IN THE HOUSE. AND ONE WAS CHASTISING MY DOG.
![]() |
| via |
Then, I called my brother's cell phone. He didn't answer. Awesome.
I couldn't leave poor Ellie downstairs with the robbers so I took a deep breath and began to stealthily make my way down the steps.
In my head, I rehearsed what I would say to the robbers. Would a stern GO AWAY or GET OUT OF HERE do the trick? I just didn't know.
When I finally made my way around the corner to where I was hearing the men's voices, I found Ellie getting her stomach rubbed by my parents' contractor.
"Sorry I didn't call and give you a warning we'd be here," he said, "but we didn't get around to staining the floors yesterday."
Happy Saturday to me!

That would scare me too! Especially if I saw some random guy petting my dog. Hopefully the rest of your weekend goes better! :)
ReplyDeleteOMG! Here in the south a strange man lets himself in the house without calling first! I'm imagining all kinds of things...
ReplyDeleteJust scary!
Thank you for your comment! I am so glad the quote was so helpful to you :)
ReplyDeleteVi
How terrifying! A phone call or a knock on the door would have been nice haha
ReplyDeleteSCARYYY. Oh man, I can't imagine..hope the rest of your weekend was scare-free!
ReplyDeleteoh. my. gosh.
ReplyDeleteyou are braver than i am... there's pretty much no way i would have gone down the stairs without knowing who it was! shouldn't they have like, rung the doorbell or something? haha...
Oh. My. God. I would literally freak out or faint if this happened to me! You´re so brave! I think I would call the police straight away!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I´m happy it was nothing serious :)
xx Ivana
Style in the City
oh my gosh that would have given me such a fright!! seriously my thoughts would be floating around in my head too, maybe next time your parents need to give you a forewarning but glad they weren't really intruders!
ReplyDeleteyikes. such a horrible feeling. if we ever had robbers i swear my dog would let them in and offer some cocktails.
ReplyDelete