Friday, October 7, 2011

When worrying takes over your life...

One of my most exhausting problems in life is my anxiety.
Me?
I worry about absolutely everything from schoolwork to having an incurable disease. I am continuously thinking up worst case scenarios and imagining that these events will happen to me.

Mostly, my worrying has to do with some action of mine hurting someone else.

I hate this problem I have. I've done research on the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and there really isn't an easy fix to this condition.

I want meds people!

Kidding.

Maybe.

Currently, I try to make my mind stop whirling about in worrisome scenarios for a few minutes and actually think through the worrying thought logically. The weird thing is, I know I am worrying over something that's silly or highly improbable, but I just can't shut off my worry concerning the issue.

Does anyone else have a severe worrying problem?

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Ms. Anxiety right here. Seriously. I have this exact same problem. A lot of times the worry leads to anxiety attacks. Not fun. But really, even a tiny dose of anxiety medicine makes all the difference. And I'm interested to hear how the coffee date went! Will you be sharing details??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a worry wart too jenna so much that i worry about things that are even great and then i feel worse and then i start stressing and making ridiculous statements about things that could happen. notice could happen, they haven't happened yet but i worry a lot, my husband can testify for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, this hits way to close to home! One of my worrying quotes is "Stop worrying so much. Worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want." but saying it and believing it are two different things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna this post is like me in a nut shell! I'm the exact same way! I have no idea what to do about it but at least we know we are in the same boat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a worrier too. I say don't worry be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously Jenna, were you writing this post about me? It´s crazy, us having exactly the same issue. I used to be worried about everything and anything, all the time, everyday. It was driving me crazy! What really helped me, was these two books (of course): Dale Carnegie´s How to stop worrying and start living, and Maria Menounos´ Everygirl´s Guide to life. They helped me think it through and put my worries in perspective. There are plenty of good advices, you should definitely read them if you haven´t yet. I think most of the time it´s in our heads, and we have to try and change our way to think about life in order to get better.

    Good luck Jenna!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.