Sunday, July 31, 2011

I was away, but now I have returned!

I spent this past weekend in French Lick, Indiana with my mom's entire side of the family.

My mom is one of ten children (meaning they are about half the size of the Duggar family) so her side of the family is pretty big. There are twenty aunts and uncles, thirty-three cousins, numerous spouses and significant others, and six great-grand bebes. 

We make quite a group.

Every summer, we all go away for one weekend together. We try to stay within two-three hours of Cincinnati. 

This weekend was such a good time. I really needed to get away from Cincinnati for a bit, and this was the perfect little trip.

We spent our time bowling (and by bowling, I mean dividing up into teams and doing tasks such as "bowling on your stomach" or "bowl between someone else's legs"), eating, gambling (I lost $20- I am never gambling again), lounging by the pool, getting spa treatments, and lots and lots of talking and laughing. 




It wasn't until I was older that I began to appreciate my big family. I feel so fortunate to have so many great aunts, uncles, and cousins. I am even lucky enough to have cousins around my same age that I can call friends <3

I can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs! Hope everyone is enjoying a fantastic weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna!
    How are you doing?
    You all must have had such a wonderful time!
    I feel happy for you, being part of such a great family is amazing!
    I like the pictures very much!
    XOXO from a new follower here,
    Catanya!
    Greetings from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun times with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like so much fun girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! :)Sounds like a crazy time! My parents only have 2 siblings each so I can only imagine the size of your extended family! :P

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.