Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Telephone Game

Last night, I was working at the salon when the phone rang. I answered the phone since, you know, I am the receptionist and all.

After I had answered, the voice simply said, "Hi."

Confused I replied, "Um, hi."

"How are youuuu?" The male caller asked.

"Fine. How are you?" I asked, growing annoyed with whoever this was.

"I'm just peachy now that I'm talking to you."

At that point, I was convinced I was either talking to a drunk or sexual predator. So I pressed "End" and set the phone aside.

The phone immediately rang again, and when I answered, it was the same man asking, "Did you just hang up on me????"

"No. I apologize. We are having some issues with our phone tonight," I said, still wondering if this man was a legitimate client or a dude staring at me from the parking lot.

Turns out the creepy caller was a client trying to book an appointment.

I felt so incredibly irked with the guy. I'm sorry, but I am at work. I do not have time to be playing along with your little flirty games and furthermore, it's completely inappropriate.

Sooo annoying.
Essentially how I felt.

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I would be SO FREAKED OUT. I hate it when people play these games! Thank goodness he just turned out to be a client!

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! That's kinda funny. Glad he wasn't a crazy stalker calling you from the parking lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be awkward/interesting to see the guy when he comes in for his appointment (if your working)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that would have ticked me off a little too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate SO MUCH when my phone rings with a random number and it scares me to death so I can't imagine this happening to you!!! What a creep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog and read your about me. I loove that you hate wearing pants too. haha I live in leggings. Now your title makes sense. :) Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.