Last Thursday, Jordan and I went to our very first opera.
At the beginning of June, we had made a summer to-do list.
"I want to go to the opera," I had said.
Jordan added it to the list, not seeming very enthusiastic about the idea.
Go figure.
Last Tuesday though, Jordan texted me, "How does going to the opera this Thursday sound?"
HOORAY!!!!!! I WAS GOING TO THE OPERA!!
Sadly, I did not have any fancy gloves to wear. I also do not own a dainty pair of binoculars.
Anyway. We felt quite classy since our tickets were for the front row, and we both really enjoyed the show. I had no idea there were actually "subtitles" to all of the words in the opera since sometimes they can be hard to understand. It was TRĂˆS helpful.
I can definitely see myself going to another opera someday, but I think Broadway plays still hold the number one place in my heart.
yall ARE classy! i like it :)
ReplyDeleteand yes broadway is my favorite, favorite. i have seen so many!
You two are SO cute. I love it! Glad you had a new experience together.
ReplyDeleteNothing like getting your culture on on a Thursday. Much more high brow than Friday through Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had fun, but I bet you would have had even more fun if you did bust out the arm length gloves (party city my friend) and if they tossed one of those viking hats out to the crowd and you caught it. Like the foul ball of opera.
Next time, right?
What an experience! I love broadway, but I've never been to an opera yet..maybe I'll have to someday! It was neat to hear your take on it! And how cool of Jordan to suggest it..I don't think I could ever get Jake to agree to an opera..haha!
ReplyDelete