Monday, July 4, 2011

This time last year...

...I was in London celebrating the Fourth of July.

I kept thinking it was quite ironic to be spending the 4th in the very nation that we fought for our independence from hundreds of years ago.

I wore a blue sundress with pearls as my own little way of celebrating the holiday, but our day passed without much thought to the fact that it was the Fourth of July.

That changed when we decided to have dinner at Hard Rock Cafe.

At the restaurant, all of the music videos being played were those of patriotic American songs. Everyone was singing along with the lyrics, and when each song finished, the restaurant would cheer.

It was such a neat memory, and I'll never forget how connected that Hard Rock Cafe made me feel to home on a day when I was thousands of miles away from it.

It's raining here in Cincinnati, but I hope everyone else is enjoying a wonderful (and sunny!) Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat memory! And how cool of the hard rock! I too celebrated the fourth of july in london last year- and I definitely missed seeing fireworks! :P But one of our professors had a fourth of july picnic for all the american students in my study abroad program at her house, so that was a neat way to celebrate for sure - she even made a flag cake with blueberries and strawberries! :P

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.