Thursday, July 21, 2011

The underworld or the factory? You decide.

I believe I had a glimpse of Hell today.
I actually really like this book.
Maybe I'm being dramatic.

Maybe I'm not.

There was no River Styx. Nor was there fire or brimstone.

But there was extreme heat. And jeans.

The temperature on my Camry read 102 degrees this afternoon. And ooooh man, was it humid.

Basically, it was not an ideal time to be working in a factory.

One of my supervisors asked, "Hey Jenna, do you want a doorag?"

It was so hot that not only did I accept the doorag, I actually wore it.

My day consisted of...

  • Gathering up enough courage to ask if I could wear my iPod while working. Answer: No.
  • Being given the seemingly easy task of watering the vegetable garden. I thought, Ohh yes! Get me out of this factory for a bit! Bloggers, it took me forty-five minutes to water the garden, twenty of those minutes being spent winding up the huuuge hose that was way too heavy and big for my feeble arms. 
  • After my watering duties were complete, I went to tell the one worker that he could turn the pump off. He replied, "Wait. You haven't turned the valve off yet, right??" 
      • Me: "Sure I did. About fifteen minutes ago."
      • Him: "Sis!!!!!  Do you know how much pressure builds up in there? You could've blown this place up!!!"
        • Great.
  • Sweat got into my eyes, but I had paint thinner on my hands so I couldn't get it out. Brutal.
  • I have to go back tomorrow.
One lovely part of my day was that my incredibly sweet and talented aunt gave me this gorgeous bracelet! She makes such beautiful jewelry. Last summer, I gave my host-mom in France a pair of my aunt's earrings and a bracelet and she literally wore them every single day. Honestly. Every. Single. Day.

Here is an awful picture of my fantastic bracelet.

I'm obsessed.

Soo I guess I did get a little glimpse of heaven too today in the form of amazing jewelry!!

7 comments:

  1. Cute bracelet! What a nice way to look at a seemingly bad day :) like a little glimpse of heaven! Mine was the dip I took in our pool this evening because it was so hot I starting sweating immediately after I stepped outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This post made me laugh so thank you! Ugh it's so hot where I live too! Bummer about not being able to wear your headphones whole working! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bracelet!

    Come by and my Hello Mellow giveaway if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck tomorrow! And that bracelet is adorable. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bracelet! I heard it's been SUPER hot in much of the US. I'm on the west coast right now so not too bad but heading back home to Houston today and I expect it to be smokin' with 80% humidity. ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, your bracelet is beautiful! Second, it sounds like working in the factory is pretty rough. :( When do you start school again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh! Bummer about about the rough day at the factory, but that bracelet is stunning! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.