"Write beautifully. Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved if at all possible. Eat sensibly. Stuff like that."
Don't you just love a good carpe diem quote like that?
I know I do.
This quote has made it into the "Favorite Quotations" section of my Facebook page. Obviously.
Speaking of this novel, it has been taking me a while to get through it, but I am definitely enjoying the book. The novel follows the lives of two best friends (Emma and Dexter) on the same day for twenty years. So basically, each chapter begins on July 15 of blank year. It's a pretty neat idea for a novel, and if you are any bit of an anglophile, you'll love the setting and jargon.
![]() |
| via |

lvoe the quote! i've heard a lot of people reading this book lately. is it good?
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely a quote that you want to save forever.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Fabulous quote, Jenna! I would love to read this book! I want to see the movie but isn't Anne Hathaway the main character? I just CANNOT get into her at all! She was good in Princess Diaries but that was it for me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my work post. That blouse also comes in the standard line since your weight loss is going so well plus is probably too big:
ReplyDeletehttp://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5441&vid=1&pid=839390&scid=839390002
Julia
What a great quote! I read this book over my vacation because I had heard it was going to be a movie so I wanted to read it first of course! I love the idea of the novel, but I have to admit it wasn't my favorite- I struggled to connect to it and had a hard time feeling attached to the characters, but I did like the ending! I am looking forward to seeing what the movie is like. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing quote, I love it! Thanks for sharing, Jenna, I´ll definitely put this book on my Nook reading list!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com
Looove the quote! And that book sounds interesting. May need to check it out!
ReplyDelete