Highlights (or more appropriately- lowlights) included:
- It was 92 degrees, and the factory is not air-conditioned. To give you an idea about how hot the factory was today, I downed three bottles of water and a Diet Mountain Dew during the day and didn't have to go to the bathroom once. Yes bloggers. I let out that much sweat. Gross? Gross.
- While adjusting my fogged up safety goggles (since that happens when it's scorching hot), I stood up and bumped my head into a crate just as my supervisor was walking by. Great impression!
- I got a splinter in my finger.
- I believe I did more physical labor today than I have done in my entire life.
- On my way out, my supervisor smiled, "Make sure you get a good night's rest. Tomorrow is going to be even worse!"
- Awesome.
It happier news, my inspiration ideas for my new room in my new house on campus (whoa- did you follow that?) are coming together nicely.
Here is what I am modeling it after.
![]() |
| Très jolie! |
Isn't it soooo pretty? I love how feminine it is, and I really like the light blues, pinks, and yellows used.
My room is super tiny so I have to get a teeny desk. I like this one from Ikea, especially because I don't feel like breaking the bank on a desk I'll use for just one year.
| Tiny. |
And what about this AWESOME STOOL from Crate & Barrel!!! I am completely obsessed. I think it's so adorable and looks like a giant pushpin.
| And it's less than $20!! Go buy it now! |
That's just a preview. I can't wait to share with you the finished product (coming to you in the fabulous month of September).

hahahah ohhh jenna. picturing you doing ANY physical labor cracks me up. please give me directions to this place - i need to see it for myself :)
ReplyDeleteOhh, good luck with the room..I adore your inspiration room and have the copy of House Beautiful that it's on the cover of!
ReplyDeleteWant to come to VA and put together my room just like this one? :)
ReplyDeleteOh my, I can't imagine working in that hot of weather! But your room inspiration is soo pretty- I can't wait to see it all come together this fall! :)
ReplyDelete