So house shopping has gone into full force over the past week or so, and I expect it will only be getting worse as my September 1st move-in date quickly approaches.
My mom does not understand my excitement over decorating this house. She is constantly reminding me that I will only be living here for one year and asking, "You know this isn't HGTV, right?"
Uhh, right...
Want to see what I've been buying?
Of course you do.
I got this print from the
UUPP shop on Etsy. I found a fun frame at TJ Maxx to put it in, and I'd like to hang it above our stove. It reads, "You are simply divine." Who doesn't need to read something like that while cooking up dinner?
Speaking of art, I finally decided on what I would like to hang above my bed- Rothko's "White Cloud over Purple." I love the color choices, and I think it makes for a simple and sophisticated look.
Look at this ADORABLE scrub-brush for the kitchen sink! I bought this from Francesca's Collections back in the wintertime. We have a dishwasher at our house so this darling little flower will just get to sit and look pretty.
I fell in love with the yellow chevron zig-zag chair from my inspiration room. Affording such a chair was clearly out of my budget (and wouldn't even fit in my room), so I bought this pillow from the Etsy store
thislittlehome instead.
So that is just some of what I've been buying on my home decorating shopping spree.
I cannot wait until I can show you the house when it has all come together (and my checking account is nonexistent)!
Oh my gosh this is twice I've read about adorable things from Etsy... I think it's for the best that I stay away for a while. But that pillow is adorable and would look sooo cute on my white couch! It needs a little color pick-me-up!!! I think it's fab you're decorating! :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteYour house is going to be adorable!
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best of luck with your house decorating. It's hard keeping it cute lol I hope it doesn't turn out like the typical clifton house....aka mine ;)
ReplyDeleteWonderful selection! I love everything you featured: that chevron pillow is darling and the "divine" art is precisely that: DIVINE!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE! Can´t wait to see more!
xx Ivana
http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com
I want to come live in your house - it's gonna be so cute! :) The divine cupcake print is adorable, and I want that yellow chevron pillow - that was so clever of you to use the inspiration for an affordable piece!
ReplyDeletefabulous! love it all!
ReplyDelete