I was in the third grade, and a boy in my class made a remark that I was heavy.
My eyes (naturally) welled up with tears, and I will never forget that feeling. I had never felt fat before his mean comment, and looking back, I was definitely not overweight at age nine.
Here is a picture of my nine-year-old self.
Oops. Actually, my scanner isn't working. So no nine-year-old self picture.
Sorry about that.
But anyway...
I couldn't believe I could pinpoint the beginning of when I started to believe I was fat to such an exact moment. I am also shocked (and truthfully, saddened) that this happened to me at such a young age.
Little girls should never think that they are fat.
I know it's important to encourage healthy eating habits and exercise, but girls shouldn't feel as though they need to be stick thin. At such a young age, our bodies are no where near maturity and still have a lot of growing to do.
Weight today: 147 pounds (oh yeah!!!)
I have been doing much better sticking with my daily exercise and also eating healthy again. I feel back on track!
![]() |
| Had to throw this in there to celebrate Harry today!! And see that girl next to me? Vintage blogger Mandy. |

oh yeah indeed, and I agree little girls should never think they are fat!
ReplyDeletehahaha just getting blocked by harry's hand. that was such a fun night though!
ReplyDeleteAmen, girl - I couldn't agree more! And the harry potter pic is sweet! :)
ReplyDelete