Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-In

Today, I would like to share with you an awful habit of mine.

I will have had an entirely successful day (eating right, counting calories, getting a good workout in), but once I let myself indulge in just a teeny bit of guilty pleasure food, I consider the entire day a waste and think, "Well, I already ruined my day. I may as well keep going."

THEN, I proceed to eat LOTS of bad food. 

In my head, I rationalize it by thinking that since I've already messed up my healthy eating for the day, I should take advantage of this situation and get in the foods that I feel deprived of. 
Desserts are my weakness. I have such a sweet tooth. 
It makes total sense in the moment.

But afterwards, I just feel disappointed and upset with myself. 

I know this is a really bad habit of mine, and I am trying to get myself away from it. I need to realize that it's okay to indulge occasionally, and that the entire day's work has not been forgotten just because of one high-calorie item.

Weight today: 149.5 pounds

As always, I feel thankful to have kept off my 25 pounds, but I'm ready to lose the remainder of my weight loss goal (15). 

Here is hoping to a better week!

8 comments:

  1. i do the same thing! blahhh it sucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totallyyyy understand where you're coming from! When I get in those moods, I can eat SO much at one time... peanut butter snickers are my weakness. It's a horrible habit but it's one that everyone struggles with, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've all done it! Don't feel bad! You look amazing and should be happy you ate good the rest of the day.

    xo,
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with that as well! I feel like it has to be all or nothing sometimes... It feels so discouraging in the moment. Good for you for having those goals though! I am so anxious to loose ten pounds so I understand where you're coming from though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm late in the game seeing as I just found your blog...

    BUT

    keep up the good work.. you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So do this too. I feel like our weight journeys are very similar! haha. I'm glad to have someone to commiserate with. Good luck with the little indulges..I'm trying that too. And remembering that sweets and things are okay in moderation, which is sometimes the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly i want to say what a nice blog you have :) and secondly that it is ok to eat treats, i can completely understand that you want to eat more once you feel you have ruined your diet for the day, so to stop me doing this what i would do is eat a small square of chocolate a day (Just one) as this would give me a little treat, as well as not make me crave chocolate if i hadn't had it in a while. If i then wanted to binge i would just tell myself i didn't need to as i would get more choc tomorrow :)

    It was a sustainable way for me to keep weight off and stay healthy!

    Keep up the great work! xx

    Jess

    SparksandFireworks.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 25 pounds?! that's AMAZING! and i am having the same sweet tooth problem. tonight i ate a five pound crepe covered in nutella...wicked, i know. but tomorrow is a "new day, with no mistakes in it". :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.